What is Wegovy?
Wegovy (semaglutide) injection 2.4 mg is an injectable prescription medicine used for adults with obesity (BMI ≥30) or overweight (excess weight) (BMI ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems to help them lose weight and keep the weight off.
- Wegovy should be used with a reduced calorie meal plan and increased physical activity.
- Wegovy contains semaglutide and should not be used with other semaglutide-containing products or other GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines.
- It is not known if Wegovy is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight loss products.
- It is not known if Wegovy can be used safely in people with a history of pancreatitis.
- It is not known if Wegovy is safe and effective for use in children under 18 years of age.